Pages

Friday 24 September 2010

Mid-Blog Crisis

It's coming up to 2 years since I began the blog. Perhaps this is the time to take stock, maybe there is a 2 year hiatus common to bloggers:).  There are times I enjoy posting and times when it feels a chore and I would rather be in the studio or vice versa!

Living in a rural environment, I do feel isolated from other artists and very much enjoy looking at other artists' blogs for the inspiration and the camaraderie I miss, having previously enjoyed a city-based studio practice.

But this does not solve the current dilemma of where to go with This Artist's Place.  I quite like the format on One Hundred Boxes - no dialogue and just images with media description.  I don't think I gave much thought initially to blogging and it has evolved in rather an untidy way with my posting whatever I was creating at that moment - more a sketchbook of ideas and thoughts than a coherent entity.

I have noticed that many of the bloggers I follow have moved, created additional blogs, given up, been amalgamated into zines.  There must be a natural lifespan to blogs with  many changes on the journey.  Where do all the dead blogs go?


2 comments:

marja-leena said...

Oh, I think it's normal to have ups and downs with the blog, believe me, for mine is going on to seven years. It's scattered about on many subjects besides art but that's my life. I hope you will keep on doing yours for I do enjoy it, and I love your 'hundred boxes'. Best wishes in art!

This Artist's Place said...

Thanx for your kind comments Marja-leena.

I will undoubtedly keep it going; I would miss doing it now and you are probably right about the ups and downs analysis - 7 years is a long time and your blog is always interesting. Did you have a specific goal when you began?

I am pleased that you like One Hundred Boxes. I feel that the blog has a very specific aim - maybe that is a natural follow-on from one's primary blog.

Kind regards

Jacky