Pages

Sunday 24 June 2012

What happened here?

I turn my back for a few months and everything on the blogger interface has changed.  I am sure I'll get used to it...

I have been working away this year with a determination towards exhibiting. Today I was about to enter some work for a printmakers exhibition and was so put off by the commission charge of 52% + entry fee that I gave up.  Even if you want to sell work at a reasonable price by the time you add this it becomes prohibitive.  I really don't want to be adding that kind of fee.  It makes it expensive for buyers and not worth the effort for the artist.

Still developing a working practice for gelatin prints.  It's such an interesting medium that I keep returning to. This little image is called 'bye bye birdy'.  It's about children leaving home.



1 comment:

J.G.Nieuwenhof said...

This image is really lovely. Hard to believe it is a gelatine plate print.