Pages

Saturday 12 December 2009

Blood on His Hands

In the studio for a couple of hours this afternoon, produced little of note and finished the afternoon with this small image on a page torn from Machiavelli's The Prince.

The title inspired by listening to a politician talking twaddle on the radio whilst I was working away. They always seem so oblivious to the trail of wreckage they leave behind. I did think that I should perhaps dedicate the work to the specific politician but then decided to leave it as a general award to any passing 'prince'.

I was given a load of classic title books during a visit to Hay-on-Wye last year when one of the book shop owners told me to help myself - and I did. I am not usually a book vandal!

The page was gessoed, the leaf design is an acetate stencil gelatin print, the blood red sun is chine colle and the left side panel was a strip saved from some previous gelatin work and glued down.


No comments: