Pages

Thursday 13 November 2008

Artist's Books, Manchester


I attended the Artist's Book Fair in Manchester on Saturday as part of the Professional Printmaker's programme at The Regional Print Centre, Yale College, Wrexham. We had an exhibition table and it was such an interesting day. I sold the smallest of my pieces, a boxed concertina book entitled 'a sense of place'. It was based on elegy for places I have known - the idea that you can never really go back.

The work on show was both exciting in concept and beautifully made. These undervalued treasures are beginning to gain a higher profile in the Artworld. The hall was buzzing with activity all day and the visitor profile was wide and they seemed appreciative and enquiring. Everyone involved with our stand sold something. I was pleased with my sale, as this was a completely new venture for me. Those of us who began the course in October had a short production time and the output was therefore pretty impressive.

Photo supplied by Don Braisby

1 comment:

Maxine said...

Great blog Jack. I love that picture of the poppies, the one you currently have in your studio. I could do with that in my living room.